Monday, April 28, 2014

Cumin-Lime Roasted Carrots
{for the rich and famous}


Well I'm glad I documented the use of my last lime. Maybe not the smartest idea to post this recipe during a national crisis but I couldn't hold on to those two little ol' limes any longer...

I had to say goodbye.


It was a gloomy weekday. I looked over and said, "guys today is the day. you're starting to look super shitty and I just can't let you shrivel away."
The limes looked at me and said...  I'm just kidding guys! Limes don't talk.


But in all seriousness, I know I'll reunite with limes once again-when I'm rich and famous. I can picture it now...

I'm old (but still looking really good) and I'm enjoying lime soup with my grand-kids in the dinning hall just past the grand foyer. We will comment on the beautiful weather and I'll tell them stories of when I use to pay a nickel for a bag of limes. They'll say "Oh grandma, you're so silly!" And I'll say, "Yeah, I know. Finish your soup and go home."

Kids aren't my thing. ;-)


Cumin & Lime Roasted Carrots

1 bunch of carrots, half lengthwise
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place carrots on top of baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine oil, lime juice, garlic and spices. Pour over carrots and toss to make sure carrots are coated. Roast for about 30 minutes, flipping over after 20. Serve with fresh cilantro, cotija and a squeeze of fresh lime. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment